Reporting is one of the most important features in Value Stream Management (VSM). They provide a powerful and flexible way to showcase your software artifact landscape and address your stakeholder’s concerns.
This page shows you:
- How to use LeanIX Reports
- Which standard Reports are available
- How to use Filter & Views to create your individual report
- How to save Reports
- How to export Reports
- How to ensure Fact Sheet relationships appear in Reports
- How LeanIX Reports support VSM use cases
- How to use LeanIX Reports
Reports pane segmented by Report type and Personal menu
Report search box
Grouped preview (view will change depending on what was chosen in the reports pane) of default reports and User reports
One tab for known filters which can be viewed only when a report is selected
View, Settings, Save as and Share
LeanIX standard Reports do not need to be computed in a query language to extract data from the data source. All Reports can be selected from the report menu. LeanIX provides different types of reports:
Landscape reports give you an overview of your microservice or deployment landscape, grouped by Product, Team, Compute Environment, or others. With the report views, you can create color-coded heat maps of your landscapes.
Matrix reports give you a color-coded overview of Fact Sheets like Software Artifacts or Deployments grouped by two Fact Sheet types in a Matrix.
As all LeanIX Reports are interactive, you have three different options to create your individual report within a few seconds:
• Apply Filter
• Adjust View
• Apply further report-specific configuration
For all Reports, the same filter functionality is available as in the Find Fact Sheets in the Inventory. You can use both the filter facets on the left hand side and the filter bar on top.
Every report has a dropdown on the top left that allows you to filter precisely by your criteria:
Software Artifact Matrix:
Here you can filter your Software Artifacts by the configured axes (Product, Team, Domain). There is a small, but decisive difference in the way you apply filter:
- Filter for Software Artifacts - All Software Artifacts which support Domain API: Doing so shows you all Applications which support API. However, if Software Artifacts A1 supports also the Core Platform, Core Platform is shown as well, as the Filter is applied by Software Artifacts
- Filter for Domain - All Domains with parent API: Here only the column API with its children are shown, no other columns (e.g. Core Platform). For example, the total number of objects can be further filtered by clicking on the magnifier icon in the menu bar. If (!) data is defined, the number behind each filter indicated how many objects fulfill the criteria. If the filter is not available, it is indicated by (0). You may adjust the order of elements via X and use the drag-drop functionality to re-arrange the filter options according to your needs.
- Filtering by Tags is also available for your own defined tags and tag groups. Please refer to the Inventory & Fact Sheet section for further information on tags. If you have defined your own tag you can use these tags to create your own, individual heatmap.
Since we know that the combination of the various options allows a nearly endless options to adjust the Reports we provide a “Save-As” function to save all filter settings and to share the report with other LeanIX users. The Save Report option is available just below the user profile button. Here you also have the option to Share a report with other users.
LeanIX offers many ways to display Reports outside the system.
The Advantage is that user can display and use Reports flexibly in different ways.
- Open a Report
- Click in the upper right (next to "Share") at "[...]"
- There are 4 options
- Export as XLSX – click on "Export" and then you can download the file
- Export as PDF/SVG – select format (Letter, A0-A4) and orientation "Landscape" or "Portrait" (Landscape: This is best used when something "across" should be displayed or for Reports that already need a lot of space "across". Portrait: useful and best when something "upright" should be displayed, e.g. smaller Reports, or you want to display small tables from a report)
- Show as PNG – a new tab opens, you can download it
- Export as embedded code – click on "Export as embedded code" and then click on "copy" to select the displayed code snippet. You can embed this code as an iframe in a website or your companies wiki (e.g. SharePoint). Be aware that the embedded iframe always refers to the respective bookmark. Please see the SharePoint documentation available in the Developer Portal for more information
In case you are using Confluence and want to embed Reports you can use our native integration to publish real-time Reports.
Updated 8 months ago