Out-of-the-box EAM Integration
This integration is generally available. To find more information about the release stages of our integrations, see Release Stages.
The LeanIX EAM integration with the EAM workspace will allow you to:
- Synchronize in self-developed applications from EAM in near-to-realtime to VSM to understand their tech stack and also the responsible development teams, tying the high-level Enterprise Architecture view with the technical developer view together.
- Allow you to build your product catalog in VSM and wrapping it with the technical domain artifact
The LeanIX discovery integration will fetch relevant Fact Sheet data from your EAM workspace and automatically create mapping inbox items of type Product. Those will be kept up-to-date in a real time fashion to reflect the changes in the EAM Fact Sheets data.
The LeanIX integration needs to be set up on your VSM workspace.
In your LeanIX VSM workspace, go to Administration > Integrations and select the LeanIX EAM tile.
Configure the settings for the syncronization
Attributes in more detail:
Configuration name: any meaningful name to understand the configuration set.
Filter by EAM Workspace: select the EAM workspace from which you want to pull product data.
Filter by Fact Sheet Type: select the Fact Sheet type that represents products in EAM. A common example is the Application Fact Sheet, as there might be applications you built yourself around which you can wrap context in VSM.
Filter by Tag Value: select a tag on the Fact Sheet Type from above. This helps to further narrow down the scope of the integration. Commonly you might have a distinction for example on the Application Fact Sheet between
SaaSrepresented by a tag in EAM. This then allows you to really only bring in self-developed software from EAM into VSM.
You can monitor the progress and status of the EAM integration by visiting the
How to map your discovered product Fact Sheets data to VSM product catalog items?
After the integration successfully loaded your product Fact Sheets data into the VSM mapping inbox you can now start to sift through and decide which of these Fact Sheets are actually worthy to maintain in the product catalog. To do so:
- Head over to Mapping Inbox
- Click on Import and either map it to another - existing Product - or create a new VSM Product that will end up in the product catalog.
- Congrats! you have now created your first VSM Product - neat & tidy.
The table below gives a high-level overview of the Fact Sheet data that the integration currently syncs (near-to-realtime) from your selected EAM workspace.
more attributes will follow shortly.
|Fact Sheet data||Discovered Item data|
Importing data from VSM into EAM
Please refer to the documentation in the EAM product to understand the details of the VSM integration in EAM:
Updated 4 months ago