In case you started to use VSM after July 1st 2022, you might find the relevant documentation for the latest version here.
In case of doubt, please reach out.
LeanIX's Value Stream Management (VSM) solution connects teams, technology, and processes to deliver reliable software efficiently. LeanIX is purpose-built for modern software development organizations, offering features, capabilities, and integrations that help customers establish end-to-end visibility into their software delivery performance. Engineering leadership is enabled to make decisions confidently to increase productivity by sharing knowledge, emphasizing collaboration, and eliminating waste based on real-time flow metrics, business outcomes, and streamlined governance. Companies reconciling business needs with IT capabilities turn to LeanIX to help them continuously transform.
Cataloging your service landscape works with three simple steps:
Discover your data from different sources all over your engineering tool chain - e.g. leverage our ready-to-use integrations for GitHub Repository, Jenkins, GitHub Actions, Azure Pipelines, and Kubernetes & OpenShift or use our Integration API. Read more about our integrations Getting started.
Search, filter, and create reports to establish transparency - VSM is built based on the well-proven LeanIX platform, serving 1000s of daily users with a shared & collaborative access to architecture data.
Support core processes on top of the data - once the data is discovered, LeanIX provides portals, webhooks, dashboards, and more functionality to track development metrics, and receive notifications in case of open source license violations, and more.
Integrated into your tech stack, VSM provides benefits to a variety of users:
- CTO: Make resource allocation decisions based on data and metrics aggregated from your engineering environment and teams
- Product Operations: Correlate DORA and flow metrics with vulnerabilities and business outcomes to surface and eliminate bottlenecks
- Engineering Manager: Understand your team's software delivery performance, dependencies, and contribution to business outcomes
- Engineering Team: Search & find software artifact documentation and track your services' metrics
Once you have populated VSM with data from connected sources of your ecosystem you are able to work on the following use cases:
- Discover and catalog your software artifacts
- API catalog and portfolio
- Compliance and vulnerability management
- Production Excellence & Technology Standards
- Flow Metrics and Business Outcomes
We have been there – done that: Our cloud-native company struggled with complexity once our service landscape passed the 20 mark bar. The complexity of the services introduced was no longer feasible to be managed by storing information in the heads of our dear colleagues or on spreadsheets. Furthermore, our engineers wanted to learn and continuously improve the business impact their code has.
So, as we are driven by automation, we began building VSM to help us automate service documentation to make information visible throughout the organization, facilitate developers to obtain it themselves, and act on the generated insights.
Also, we are very lucky to have customers and others share their experiences in a vital community, e.g. at our conferences
We believe that VSM can help others as well as it helped us – so feel free to try it out yourself in a 14-day free trial
- Leverage our Integration API and ready-to-use integrations to seamlessly integrate with your tech stack
- Discover and catalog software artifacts and the underlying infrastructure
- Analyze how DORA and flow metrics, standards, and vulnerabilities tie to business outcomes
- Visualize insights in configurable dashboards, reports, and diagrams
- Share knowledge using portals
Updated about 2 months ago