In case you started to use VSM before June 30th 2022, you might find the relevant documentation here.
In case of doubt, please reach out.
LeanIX's Value Stream Management (VSM) solution connects teams, technology, and processes to deliver reliable software efficiently. LeanIX is purpose-built for modern software development organizations, offering features, capabilities, and integrations that help customers establish end-to-end visibility into their software delivery performance. Engineering leadership is enabled to make decisions confidently to increase productivity by sharing knowledge, emphasizing collaboration, and eliminating waste based on real-time flow metrics, business outcomes, and streamlined governance. Companies reconciling business needs with IT capabilities turn to LeanIX to help them continuously transform.
LeanIX simplifies the complex topic of Value Stream Management with a best-practice, out-of-the-box approach:
Based on the discovery, VSM focusses on three major concepts: Teams, Technology & Products
LeanIX VSM addresses two core pain points:
- As an engineering manager / CTO, I want to optimize value delivery in my organization. Pictures like the following are typical - great tools within silos, but to overarching alignment.
- As a modern Enterprise Architect, I want an automated overview of our self-developed software. This unlocks use cases like technology risk & standard management, but even more important creates a joint language with the product & engineering organisation. Learn more about LeanIX EAM here
Integrated into your tech stack, VSM provides benefits to a variety of users:
- CTO: Make resource allocation decisions based on data and metrics aggregated from your engineering environment and teams
- Product Operations: Correlate DORA and flow metrics with vulnerabilities and business outcomes to surface and eliminate bottlenecks
- Engineering Manager: Understand your team's software delivery performance, dependencies, and contribution to business outcomes
- Engineering Team: Search & find software artifact documentation and track your services' metrics
Once you have populated VSM with data from connected sources of your ecosystem you are able to work on the following use cases:
- Discover and catalog your services & APIs
- Drive business alignment & project-to-product transformation
- Increase engineering efficiency
We have been there – done that: Our cloud-native company struggled with complexity once our service landscape passed the 20 mark bar. The complexity of the services introduced was no longer feasible to be managed by storing information in the heads of our dear colleagues or on spreadsheets. Furthermore, our engineers wanted to learn and continuously improve the business impact their code has.
So, as we are driven by automation, we began building VSM to help us automate service documentation to make information visible throughout the organization, facilitate developers to obtain it themselves, and act on the generated insights.
Updated 5 months ago